Odeon Ephesus

It is located on the upper Ephesus and built by Romans. The Odeon is well-preserved with a capacity of 1400 seats. It was used as a concert hall and parliament. This structure is about 2000 years old and was destroyed in the earthquake in the 7th Century AD.

There were vaulted gates leading to the cavea. Since there was no drainage in the orchestra, it is believed that this structure had a wooden roof. During excavations they found a marble head of the god Eros. There was stage and a stage building which was two storey. Statues of Ephesian donators were situated in the niches. Today some events are organized in this Odeon.